woensdag 31 oktober 2012

Shawn Phillips - woman


  ~~ random best ~~

# 983

Shawn Phillips - woman (1970)
from his album 'Second Contribution'

Shawn Philips (born February 3, 1943, Fort Worth, Texas, USA) is a folk-rock musician, primarily influential in the 1960s and 1970s.
Phillips has recorded twenty albums and worked with musicians including Donovan, Paul Buckmaster, J. Peter Robinson, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Bernie Taupin and many others. The Texas-born singer/songwriter was described as "The best kept secret in the music business" by the late rock impresario Bill Graham.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Phillips





The glow around your face
When you see the lightning race
I know I'm very near
And I can hear the thunder
A woman of perplexity
A woman for eternity
A woman of the land
A woman for a man
I'm down on my knees
And I'm saying
Please believe me
It's hard to fall out
of love
completely
It's harder to find a way
to come back discreetly
To speak of things anew
To weep in quiet blue
Brocade upon your bed
Memories should fade
At least of you
A sceptre of ice and fire
A spectre of my desire
A girl-child of such loveliness
The woman of my emptiness
A woman of famed renown
A woman who kicks the clown
A woman of the land
A woman for a man

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten